gmail preview of documents not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. ggoss3

ggoss3 Member This Topic's Starter

When ever i try to previw a file (word, excel, pdf) in my gmail account I get a force close error msg anyone else getting this msg? And know what is causing it?

It specifically says:
    The Application Gmail(processcom.google.android.gm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try agian.

Advertisement
  2. ggoss3

So i'm guessing no one else is having this problem or they don't have a solution. I didn't want to reset my phone, but guess i'm going to have too and redownload everything.

3. Roger H

Roger H New Member

I'm having the same problem.

Anyone else?

Any suggestions/solutions?

TIA,
    Roger H.

4. dynodroid

dynodroid Well-Known Member

Are you guys rooted or anything? I'm not sure what the situation is as I haven't had this problem and haven't heard of it occuring before. I am more than welcome to look into it for you though.

I'm trying to find some information through Google, I hope you're doing the same, or I'm just wasting my time as this isn't really my problem.

Just a reminder, you shouldn't restart your phone yet. Cupcake is being released OTA and it just might fix your problem. Be patient.

5. ggoss3

I'ved asked tmo their only suggestion so far is rebooting. I don't have a rooted phone. I'll wait for the update to see if it fixes my problem though as thats a good idea.

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

go into setting an do a factory reset ...

7. Roger H

Roger H New Member

Thanks for the suggestion.

I did see this suggested when searching on Google; but several people said that it only helped for a while. I didn't feel like going through the hassle of restoring everything (once again) after a reset, if it wasn't gonna help much.

However, maybe I'll give it a try - I've got my apps backed up, and a backup app for other stuff. (Couple more times and I'll be an expert at this. :)

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,
    Roger H.

8. Roger H

Roger H New Member

OK, it worked. After a hard reset, I can Preview documents (XLS, PDF) in Gmail.

I have already restored my settings, and now I'm reinstalling apps. I'ma gonna take it slow, a couple at a time, just case one of them broke it last time.

Thanks for the suggestion, justjimjpc (and the encouragement to risk my life's work; uh, I mean, phone settings :).

Appreciate it,
    Roger H.