Gmail problem 2.1 v3General

Last Updated:

1. zoidburg50

zoidburg50 New Member This Topic's Starter

Long time lurker, first time poster. Please help.....

I am perplexed to say the least. I installed 2.1 v3 to the Eris the other day. Everything is working great except for one small problem with the gmail app.

Gmail itself receives email perfectly. The problem is when I compose an email, there is no option to add multiple recipients. The HTC mail app has an icon of a "person" next to the recipient (or "to" block). There is no such icon on the gmail app. There is a "to" block but no way to add multiple recipients. I have to manual type in a name (though it does recognize and try and auto finish the name). Am I missing something? Typing each name in for a mass email is a huge pain.

All my contacts are setup in google.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

You're right, as far as I can tell. There's no way to select multiple recipients from a list. However, what you can do is open the people app, go to the groups tab, choose a group, go to the contact card tab of the group, and choose "send mail to group."

3. zoidburg50

Thanks for the reply thenestor, I'm glad its not just my phone. Big relief. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. That would work ok for composing an email, but not for forwarding an email. Anyway, I can't remember if the 1.5 gmail app had this issue.

I'm getting by with receiving email with the gmail app and forwarding/composing with the HTC mail app. Its a little PITA but its what I have to work with. I like the way the gmail app formats the emails.

4. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

I don't see a problem with sending to multiple address in GMail. I compose the mail. Select the To: field and type in the persons name. Then just do it again. It separates them with comma's. Were you trying to send the mail a different way then this?

5. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

He needed to add a lot of names (fifty? a hundred?), I think, so he wanted to select from a list instead of typing a few letters of each.

6. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Yea I can see how that would suck.

7. zoidburg50

Yea, That's exactly it. In the HTC mail app there is an icon that brings up the contacts list. I can selected names at random from the list. With the gmail app I have to know exactly who I want to send it to. It's kinda hard to know who I want to send it to when I have a few hundred contacts. Oh well... It seems a little half baked to me.