GMail Problems

Last Updated:

1. traviskyle

traviskyle New Member This Topic's Starter

I got a new Hero because I had problems with my old one and my new phone wont allow me to log on to my old gmail acount nor will it let me create a new account. I have called tech support several times and they were no help. Does any one have an answer to this problem? It say that the data services are not enabled on my SIM card, but ACS does not have SIM Cards, and all other data/internet features on the phone work fine.

I also have never been able to log on to my yahoo mail on either phone... Any quick fixes for this?

I would like my gmail account activated so I can acsess the market place and get the backup file to do the 2.1 update. I dont want to loose any of my contacts without backing up the system...

Thanks a bunch...

Advertisement
  2. robogo

robogo Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the Sprint Hero? Or?

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Which phone do you have traviskyle?

[​IMG]

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

ACS = Alaskan = CDMA

Moved to Sprint Hero Section

When you first turned the phone on, were you able to enter your gmail address?

5. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

I had the same problem for about 6 hours when I first got my Hero, it automagically stopped out of no where and was able to connect to everything. Dunno what that was about.

Maybe it will work itself out? If not go into menu>all programs>setup and follow the directions. If that doesn't work go to menu>settings>accounts and sync and try to add/sync the gmail account from there.

6. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

I'm on Sprint, not in alaska, BTW...Not sure if that makes a difference?