Gmail Push VERY SlowSupport

Last Updated:

1. rmatc4

rmatc4 New Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone else seeing slower push from Gmail? Its taking 20-30 minutes for me to get my email on my droid over the last 2 days. I haven't downloaded any new software but have gone to getting email within minutes to getting email within 30 minutes if I am lucky. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any issues on mine, getting great times.

3. dmking79

dmking79 Member

Yes, I've been seeing some slow/odd behavior from Gmail/google in the last few days.

I have a Droid (unrooted) and a Nexus One, both linked to the same gmail account. When I got the Nexus, a couple weeks ago, email would arrive on both devices nearly simultaneously and then on my desktop a minute or two later.

Delete an email from one device and it's gone from the other within in a minute.

Starting sometime last week, there's been about a 5 minute delay between email landing on both devices and often emails will arrive on my desktop well before they ever hit my phones - 10 or more minutes.

Probably unrelated, but gmail and igoogle are nearly inaccessible from my work computer (with firefox 3.6) since about the same time. Gmail just won't load period, I have to use Thunderbird (3.0.3). igoogle is usually ok, but I have to refresh the page about 5 times before it actually shows up.
    No major changes to our work network. Been using Firefox for...a long time.

I'm still getting email and there's not a massive delay, so it's ok for now. Just a little annoying. Did read this morning that other corporate/government users with Firefox 3.6 are having gmail issues.

4. sbursik

sbursik Well-Known Member

Im seeing the same slow behavior. Running rooted 2.1 Smoked Glass 6.

5. Scottd9000

Scottd9000 Well-Known Member

Hit or miss here. Some days its quicker versus my desktop and some days it's 2-5 minutes delayed. I assume its coverage issues but I am on Wifi most of the time so I am not sure.

6. johnrigu

johnrigu Well-Known Member

I had the same problem yesterday, I just restarted my phone and dida test email and its been fine since.

7. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

I'm using the same setup and having the same issue. It seems better today, but i was on a 45min delay or so the past couple of days.

8. alm

alm New Member

I've been having the same issues. I normally would get my gmail notification on my Droid before the gmail notifier extension in Firefox. For a week or so now, I haven't been getting anything on my Droid unless it's sent from my Droid and I copy myself.

Also, my calendar sync has been off. I have sync running in the background yet I still have to manually turn off sync and re-turn it on for events to appear after putting an event in my calendar from my desktop.

Weird. Anyone else having one or both of these problems?

9. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

Mine is instant... stock 2.0.1

10. kgosney

kgosney New Member

I am also getting the same issue, I find that I have to keep opening the email box to receive them, I have checked the settings and it says that it is set to Push.
    Has anyone found a solution yet?