• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail question.........

UOFLcards

Jan 24, 2011
Ok. I just picked up the Mercury this past weekend and I must say I absolutely love it. I made the switch from the old out dated Ascend 1.

My question is. With my Ascend whenever I would get a e-mail through G-mail it would automatically send me a alert message in the top left corner in the notifications (like a text message) letting me know I have a e-mail. I would just slide down the notifications at the top left corner of the screen and it would take me to my g-mail. How do I set up it up on my Mercury to do this?

I have my g-mail setup on my Mercury and can check my e-mail but when I get a e-mail I am not notified.

Thanks in advance.

Ok. I just picked up the Mercury this past weekend and I must say I absolutely love it. I made the switch from the old out dated Ascend 1.

My question is. With my Ascend whenever I would get a e-mail through G-mail it would automatically send me a alert message in the top left corner in the notifications (like a text message) letting me know I have a e-mail. I would just slide down the notifications at the top left corner of the screen and it would take me to my g-mail. How do I set up it up on my Mercury to do this?

I have my g-mail setup on my Mercury and can check my e-mail but when I get a e-mail I am not notified.

Thanks in advance.
Check under settings> accounts & sync, and make sure background data is enabled and that gmail sync is checked. Welcome to the Mercury secret society! (judging by the traffic on this forum nobody but the chosen few know about this phone lol)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones