Gmail questions.Support

Last Updated:

1. int3rpo1

int3rpo1 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, first time posting here. Few quick questions about Gmail. I did skim previous threads but couldn't find answers to my question. Anyway, questions. 1. Can I make it so that I'm not always signed on to Gmail? Everytime I click the app, I'm signed on. 2. I'm not sure, but I have a feeling this is related to my Gmail setup. When I post comments on Market my first name shows up, I'd far more prefer my regular username of "int3rpo1" to show up, how can I change this? 3. Also not sure on this, but "Google messaging service" always shows up on my Running Services. Is this tied with the SMS Transaction service, Gmail, or something completely different? Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. Ecks

Ecks Well-Known Member

1. I'm fairly certain that if you want your gmail synced, you have to remain logged in. I am not sure about the comments alias.

2. This should help: Changing name on android market feedback with G1 - FixYa

3. Google Messaging Service could be for gtalk -- google's instant message application. Let's you converse with your friends who have google accounts. I use this over sms due to not having unlimited texts.

3. int3rpo1

int3rpo1 Member This Topic's Starter

I see, thanks! Now to look for a way to remove Gtalk, I never use it.