GMail QuestionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. swtex

swtex Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have gmail and hotmail on my phone. Neither will delete trash. It always reappears and I must delete same from my pc. I've read some other posts and haven't found a fix. Not a big deal but I would appreciate any suggestions.

Is there any way to setup gmail to open each time to Inbox, instead of whichever label or email was open when it was closed? That is the way my Outlook on my pc is and I prefer it that way.

When inputting the "Send To" address, I type the first two letters (or numbers and letters, etc.) and the drop down list gives me options of addresses to choose from. Is there a way to see all my email contact list (Address Book in Outlook) in situations where I don't remember the email address and it is a person for whom I don't have a phone number and therefore, isn't in my phone contact list?

Occasionally, a sent email will appear in the "Sent" label with a red "sending" stamp that doesn't go away. I have always just re-sent the email in question without asking the receiving party if they received duplicate emails. Has anyone experienced this and determined whether or not such emails are sent the first time or not? Any idea what causes this?

Advertisement
  2. swtex

Wow, 66 views and no replies........Add to the original post this new problem:

My gmail emails are going into my "All Mail" label (folder) instead of my Inbox. I noticed this by chance. They won't load into my Inbox unless I hit the "refresh"button.

3. swtex

I have tried the Google and Gmail forums and have found very little information related to mobile Gmail.

4. Diz

Diz Well-Known Member

I have the same problem for a quite a while now. Never had any luck with a fix either.

5. swtex

I will answer my own post. I found out in the Droid X Forum if you set up your Gmail, Hotmail, etc, in IMAP, instead of POP, it will allow you to have control of your emails from your remote device (phone). In POP, you can only read them. In IMAP you can delete, move, etc from your phone emails in your mobile and internet-based accounts at the same time.

The emails stuck in perpetual "Sending" mode DO go through.

Still haven't figured out how to get Gmail to open with Inbox every time, instead of the last folder that was opened when it was closed.

6. swtex