Gmail restoring appsSupport

Last Updated:

1. kevinrubio

kevinrubio Well-Known Member

so when i just flash a new ROM, the last option in the setup wizard, is to check or uncheck these two options.
    now the second option doesnt really matter but the first one kind of bugs me.
    I know what it does, if i check it, it restores apps i once had, but if i dont check it then nothing happens.
    Heres the problem when i check it and press ok, it restore apps i dont want.
    Is there a way on the PC or phone to manage Google backups?

quanmother89 likes this.
  2. KOLIO

KOLIO Gruß vom Krampus Guide

Use TITANIUM BACK-UP to make a .zip file of your apps instead of the GOOGLE restore method.
    When you switch ROMS,then go to your file manager & select the TIBU zip file & once it loads,you can determine which apps you want to restore.
    It took me a while to figure out how to get the most out of TITANIUM BACKUP.It really is a priceless tool to have in your collection.
    Check out the YOUTUBE video tutorials for TIBU,as well as the TIBU WIKI,which can be found by clicking on the TIBU developers site listed in the ANDROID MARKET.
    quanmother89 and kevinrubio like this.
  3. kevinrubio

kevinrubio Well-Known Member

cool, ill try that. Its better in alot of ways but i just wana know if my question was possible or not. thanks though, i will try that method
    quanmother89 likes this.
  4. KOLIO

KOLIO Gruß vom Krampus Guide

When you first install a new ROM & install GAPPS,yes,you can select which GOOGLE APPS you want to download.

I do understand what you're asking. It would be nice if you had easier/better control as to which other apps the GOOGLE restore method downloaded to your phone.
    quanmother89 likes this.
  5. moogie522

moogie522 Well-Known Member

I installed the 06242011 build and restored my apps but my phone keeps restarting itself. I installed the rom through the rom manager from the market.
    quanmother89 likes this.