• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail Security Breech?

BEARitone

Apr 21, 2010
Hello,

So this morning I work up and noticed on my phone that I was logged out of gmail. Upon trying to log back in I find that my password has changed. When I get logged back in I see that an email was attempted to be sent with a shortened url to the 11 more recent email addressees used. However Gmail noticed it was suspicious behavior and blocked them from being sent out.

I scrambled to trend micro but it found nothing except suspicious cookies. I actually have a friend who's wife had the same thing happen. I had no interaction with her so I believe these are separate instances. I am very careful about what I do on the internet and I really normally don't ever get viruses or anything like that.

So I figured with people pretty into Google I would check here to see whats going on. Has anyone heard anything about any security flaws or anything? I don't see any news about it.

What else should I do to protect myself?

sounds to me like you just got hacked.

Agreed.

Get yourself a good password (not a pet's name). Be sure to include letters (upper and lowercase), numbers, characters... the longer the better.
Don't use the same password for more than one place.
Be EXTREMELY careful with where you sign up for things or enter ANY personal information.

Upvote 0
There are plenty of password generators on the internet. Use the ones that allow you to choose how many characters and what type of characters to use. I use them most of the time since I'm too lazy and probably gonna make my own when I'm bored.

If you don't have a key logger on your computer, then it was just easy to guess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones