• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail shortcuts...

When I'm in a gmail email and I press "menu + e" on the phys keyboard, it performs some odd operation. The email no longer shows up on my phone, and on my laptop's gmail it's in some sort of non-inbox netherworld (it's searchable, but it's not inboxed, not archived, not trashed, not spammed... none of that).

Anybody know what the deal is there? Or even better, does anybody feel like compiling a list of gmail shortcuts? Now that I'm banishing emails by pressing random combos, I'm sort of skittish to map it all out myself. Ones that I know work:

In email
menu + r --reply
menu + a --reply all
menu + y --archive
menu + k --newer
menu + j --older
menu + s --add star
menu + f --forward
menu + l --go to label
menu + v --assign label
menu + m --mute

In inbox
menu + u --refresh
menu + c --compose

In email

menu + r --reply
menu + a --reply all
menu + y --archive
menu + k --newer
menu + j --older
menu + s --add star
menu + f --forward
menu + l --go to label
menu + v --assign label
menu + m --mute

In inbox
menu + u --refresh
menu + c --compose

FYI, gmail shortcuts work WITHOUT the menu key. Try all those again just pushing the letter key. Maybe pushing the menu key simultaneously is what is giving you problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones