Gmail SMS entries missingSupport

1. bobbythegeek

bobbythegeek New Member

I really liked being able to see my Droid 2 phone's text message conversations in Gmail under SMS, but there are no entries there from my SG3. All of the text conversations are present in Gmail SMS while I was using my old Droid 2, but as soon as I started using my SG3 in July, the text conversations stopped appearing.

I use the same gmail address in both phones. I use the stock messaging app on both phones.

The SG3 was a replacement phone, so Verizon no longer allows me to send texts on my Droid 2. Neither phone was ever rooted.

Does anyone know how to make the SG3 text conversations appear in the SMS section of Gmail?

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Well you would need to download an app that sends all SMS to your Gmail, it can't just do it by default.

Otherwise you could always get Google voice, and you can send/receive texts from your computer.
  3. bobbythegeek

bobbythegeek New Member

I asked because it did happen by default on my old Motorola Droid 2 phone. Do I need a special message client? Is the Motorola message client somehow enabled for this by default?