GMAIL STINKS so pls some1 give me some input!!Support

Last Updated:

1. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My gmail email has been working great but out of no where, about 3-4 days ago, the email is not coming through unless I manually, "REFRESH" it!!! This is a HUUUUGE problem for me. I shouldn't have to refresh to get email. I have already tried to troubleshoot my "clearing cache, clearing history,etc" and it helps it for a few minutes, then back to square one.

Please, someone give me some help. I have seen similar posts but NO resolution to the problem.

Advertisement
  2. mrsbethyoung

mrsbethyoung Active Member

That happened to me too, but then I realized I turned auto-sync off.

If you have the power management widget on one of your home screens, make sure the button with the two arrows that make a circle is enabled.

3. izzy35

Thank you but yeah, I don't have the widget but do in fact have auto sync enabled. It's been like this for about 3 days and this is a major problem for me. I wish someone would give me some insight or a work-around bc this may be a deal breaker for me keeping this phone.

4. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

Did you try turning auto-sync off and then back on?

Factory reset?

If all else fails, you can set up Gmail in HTC Mail app. I actually prefer the HTC Mail app, I just had issues after a few days with it playing the notification sound for a new email over and over and over, so I have to go back to Gmail App. Not everyone has that problem though.

5. izzy35

I was wondering the pros and cons of using the gmail vs HTC Mail app?? I just figured, a google phone would have a "no problem" connection to its own email! Guess I was wrong. And no, didn't do a factory reset and I'm not too sure for this issue, I want to :-(..And yes, I did in fact check then uncheck the box to no avail.

6. SeattleYanksFan

I assume you did this, but try also going to Settings --> Account & Sync --> Google, and make sure Sync Gmail is checked. I find technology has a funny way of turning things off on its own sometimes.

HTC Mail app is cleaner, easier to use, and has more features like actually being able to download attachments.

I loved it. I got my emails instantly and didn't see any decrease in battery life. The only reason I gave it up was the notification issue. When I have the time, I plan to inspect further to fix it so I can go back to it.

7. gocardinals

gocardinals Well-Known Member

What is the "notification issue?"

8. SeattleYanksFan

I mentioned it above, but I'll be more specific. And note, at first, HTC Mail notifications worked perfectly. Then a week or so later, out of nowhere, it started happening. Any time a new email came in, my phone would play the new email notification tone like every 2 minutes non-stop until I opened the email. So if an email came in, it would ring. If the phone was across the room or I didn't feel like checking the email right away, one to two minutes later, it would ring again. And again. And again, until I checked the email to make the notification go away. And it drove me nuts. I tried deleting my account and starting over, and the problem continued.

I know of at least a few others experiencing this, but I have yet to see a resolution.