• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail stopped pushing to my phone

this is a known issue. the only fix that i know of - albeit a temporary one - is to go to settings-->applications--->Gmail and clear the data cache and then re-sync. Gmail will push for a few days and then stop again until you repeat the fix. not sure what's causing this or what the permanent fix is. hopefully Gingerbread.

it is critical that you not kill GTalk in running processes as that is the protocol that Gmail uses for push email. also you want to make sure that you have checked and enabled "always on mobile data" in wireless settings.

i never use the GTalk app and always sign out - but as a test - i am going to sign in and let it run. i know this may hurt battery life but i'm going to try to see if it keeps the Gmail push active.

good luck to all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones