• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail Sync Issue

Really weird thing...

My Hero has been synching perfectly for months. I wake up today and saw I had no emails. I logged into my PC and saw that there were 5 unread emails.

I thought this was just the 'clear data' in applications fix. Well I did that. It didn't work. So I checked all my settings to make sure that it was enabled to download automatically, thinking I changed something accidentally. Still, everything was right.

So I tried a couple other things. Including, soft reset, taking battery out reset, and even a complete wipe to factory. I set up my Gmail again, still nothing. I then even tried a Sprint ROM. Still nothing.

So...my last idea was to log into another Google account I rarely use. Well that one synced my email perfectly in like, 3 seconds. I can't find for the life of me what is going on with my Google account.

Does anyone have any fixes to this? I really do not want to start another email account....everything I have is set up to this one.

Really weird thing...

My Hero has been synching perfectly for months. I wake up today and saw I had no emails. I logged into my PC and saw that there were 5 unread emails.

I thought this was just the 'clear data' in applications fix. Well I did that. It didn't work. So I checked all my settings to make sure that it was enabled to download automatically, thinking I changed something accidentally. Still, everything was right.

So I tried a couple other things. Including, soft reset, taking battery out reset, and even a complete wipe to factory. I set up my Gmail again, still nothing. I then even tried a Sprint ROM. Still nothing.

So...my last idea was to log into another Google account I rarely use. Well that one synced my email perfectly in like, 3 seconds. I can't find for the life of me what is going on with my Google account.

Does anyone have any fixes to this? I really do not want to start another email account....everything I have is set up to this one.

You know, some days my mail is really slow to come in. If I reboot, or go to airplane mode, than back to normal it seems to help.

Upvote 0
^ That would be me!

Gmail on my Epic, the wife's Evo and my old Hero have been buggy for the past 2 days (consistently). Sometimes nothing happens, othertimes it freezes on updating, etc.

No idea why/how though. Clearing data/cache doesn't do anything either. Maybe it's something on Google's end?

Upvote 0
Well...maybe its a Google thing. I can't figure it out. I went far beyond normal trouble shooting by trying different Roms and hard resetting. I definitely pegged it down to my actual Gmail account. Who know, maybe Google is having some issues with different servers or services???? Maybe my one account is attached to the buggyness and the other not? Is that even probable?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones