gmail sync not syncing??

Last Updated:

1. ajmuni

ajmuni Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys got my Droid today, and at certain times of the day, it wouldn't sync,sometimes for upto half an hour. During this time I was receiving emails, but they weren't popping up on my gmail app...any else having these issues today??

Advertisement
  2. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

Yes, other people are sharing the same issues as you. In fact, there are three posts about it on the same page. ;)

3. droidman40

droidman40 Active Member

I seem to be having the same problem. It just started last night. If I go to my "Power Control" and uncheck and check my "sync button", the mail comes through. That seems to defeat the purpose of push email though. Anyone else having this problem and no how to fix it?
    thx

4. isaeed

isaeed New Member

I had the same problem. I called the tech support and they were able to fix it for me. This is what we did. Under settings go to accounts and sync settings. Click on your gmail account and uncheck all the options. Turn the phone off and turn it on after like 20 sec or so. Do the same thing again but now check the options. It has been working fine for me since then. Hope this helps.

5. ajmuni

ajmuni Member This Topic's Starter

I did the same thing when I orignally started this thread, and I haven had the problem happen again since Friday. Maybe it was an issue with google and their servers and all the new droid activations

6. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

It wasn't syncing for me originally either...but I ignored it for a while (since I had so much other stuff to play with), and later while I was playing in my gmail again it synced.

7. cww256

cww256 New Member

Having same problem except it is only with contacts. Gmail and calendar work fine.

I tried this, and it did not fix my problem.

UPATE
    I fixed my problem. Link is HERE to help keep all the info centralized to one thread.