Gmail Sync ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. avantnoise

avantnoise New Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone having issues with getting there gmail on there phone. All of a sudden i do not get any mail unless i do a manual sync. I read somewhere to stop the sync in the settings of the phone then shut the phone off then start it back up and turn sync on for gmail. this seems to solve the issue but I have had to do it 5 times in the week i have had the phone.... kind of a bummer.. you would think out of everything there would not be a problem with gmail....

sLY

Advertisement
  2. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

The Droid is having a lot of random problems. Mostly because Verizon rushed to get it out. Mainly they're software and we're getting and OTA update 12/11 so hopefully that will fix your problem.

3. avantnoise

avantnoise New Member This Topic's Starter

I hope they fix that issue.. because i really dig this phone... it really is fun to use... i almost use it more for other stuff then phone calls.... i was wondering if i was not the only person having this issue though.....

4. dakoop

dakoop Well-Known Member

My gmail is not coming through either. I read thad task killer was causing it but I still have the issue after it was deleted.

5. blazingwolf

blazingwolf Well-Known Member

If you killed the email with the task killer prior to getting rid of the task killer then you may still have issues. Opening the email program should get it all started again. If not power off and then back on should help.

6. jmurphy

jmurphy New Member

i am also having the same issue...have to hit refresh to get any gmails...seems very random. anyone know of a setting that controls this? Other than the Sync setting

7. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member

I am now having this issue too. It was working fine until this morning and now I have to manually synch... What is going on? The only think I have done with the droid was synch music to it last night using Salling.