GMAIL Sync ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. spridell

spridell Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a problem with gmail? DOes anyone know if the servers are down or something?

In the last 3 hours all of my mail stopped being push to the phone.

I havent even touched the phone so i didnt touch any settings and they all seem to be correct,

anyone?

Advertisement
  2. maw4bc

maw4bc Well-Known Member

this is just the way it is at the moment with gmail and EVO. Mine goes in and out, works sometimes and doesn't work others.

Pretty Frustrating.

3. spridell

wow this sucks.

Since i got the phone it has been working perfect. My emails were coming in instantly.

Is there like a reset we can do or something? I know on Blackberry you resend the service books and that fixes the problem.

4. ShaneV

ShaneV Active Member

Mine has done this once, a reboot seemed to clear it up.

5. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

is gtalk running? (you don't have to be signed in, just running in background)

and is always on mobile data enabled?
    if either of those are a no, that's your problem.

with those on, i get an email within 15secs of sending it.

6. paul2241

paul2241 New Member

I'm having the same problem today. The only way I'm getting email is by manually syncing. I'm having the same results on 3G and wifi. Between this, and my exchange calendar not syncing, I'm kind of at my wits end with this phone. If anyone has any ideas please reply.

7. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

If you have a task killer, you need to allow gtalk/gmail/anything related to sync.

8. BobFromAccounting

BobFromAccounting Member

ALL of my weather widgets (short of ones that seem to pull their data from their own places, like The Weather Channel) died today. And for that matter, Google ITSELF (via iGoogle) has been showing the wrong weather info the entire day.

So I'm guessing that Google just hasn't been working right.

9. DodgerinNH

DodgerinNH Well-Known Member

me too. Gmail not working today, only with manual refresh. btw I've had Incredible since launch and Gmail's been sporadic the whole time, definitely not functioning as 'true push' as advertised

10. spridell

well I am glad that it wasnt just me.

I wonder what is going on. My AOL mail is syncing fine every hour. BUT my Gmail app is not and the only way to get my gmail is to manual refresh.

I have NO task killer running or installed and gtalk and all the sync services are running.

I have had the phone for about a month and this is the first time gmail has not been syncing.

Going to have to see how long this goes on for.

11. dmystic1

dmystic1 Well-Known Member

+1

Gmail status page says it was having issues today, but that it should be fixed by now.

12. vipervin

vipervin Member

Same issue today. Gmail won't autosync. Hopefully we will see a resolution soon.

13. BOO5TED

BOO5TED Well-Known Member

Same problem with my Hero. Only receive mail when I manually refresh.:mad:

14. spridell

Well it looks like it resolved itself. Everything seems to be syncing now.

It must of been a Google problem.

15. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member

Are you all using the gmail app or the native mail client?

16. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

I use the Gmail app, and I haven't had any problems. Maybe it's regional?

17. xLibelle

xLibelle New Member

I'm on the HTC Aria and i get a message that the app has stopped unexpectedly, please try again, with a "force close" button... is this the same as what you guys are experiencing?

18. shadowarz

shadowarz Member

My gmail has not been syncing since yesterday afternoon, contacts and calendar appear to syncing fine....I cleared the data and cache for gmail and gmail storage located the settings/applications.
    I have also tried running talk and other suggestions...of course I have reset the phone and nothing has worked.

The only thing i havent tried is wiping the phone and I want leave that as last resort.

If anyone has additonal suggestion please let us know.

19. juan.ferrari

juan.ferrari Member

I have the gmail notifier since I bought the phone, one mounth ago, and could never get it to work online... i checks when ever it feels like
    Now I have 1 email in my pc, 0 emails in my "so called notifier".

20. shadowarz

shadowarz Member

everything is back to normal for me, gmail sync just fixed itself....weird....i didnt wipe the phone, btw.

21. spridell

I DO NOT think it is necessary to wipe the phone.

Mine was out for 1 whole day but then the next day it came back and has been working fine the last 3 days.

I did not touch anything, no clearing cache nothing. It has to be a google problem. Maybe in certain parts of the country they are updating or something.

22. lillygirl7

lillygirl7 Well-Known Member

Mine is not working today. I am also not able to send gmail either????

23. cluckkillerb

cluckkillerb Well-Known Member

Hmm...mine hasn't updated since June 30th. I tried a restart and refresh but still nadda, and like lillygirl7 I can't send emails. ><

24. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

Well don't fret dear EVO users, you are sooo not alone!! I have an Incredible and have been having this issue for the last 3 days and it's driving me absolutely NUTS!!! I come from a blackberry where I seldom had issues with my push emails. But then again, if this in fact is a "google" problem, maybe bb's would be having the issue too?? I don't know, but what I do know is this SUCKS and i shouldn't have to manually "refresh" everytime i want to check email!

Has anyone found a resolution or is it just waiting it out that's going to fix this??

25. lillygirl7

lillygirl7 Well-Known Member

I can tell you that no you wouldn't be having these problems with your BB because I still have my BB from Verizon while I am using my EVO on the 30 day trial and I have been able to send and recv all emails through my BB, but not my EVO. I am trying to get Sprint to send me a new phone because I didn't have these problems before the update. They keep telling me to go to a store, but I am in the middle of nowhere Alaska on vacation for 3 weeks and I don't have a store ANYWHERE close bye, The whole reason I got this phone right now was to try it out up here. I figured if I had reception here I would have it basically everywhere.They won't send me a phone in AK so I'm kinda screwed. I could understand if it was something I did to the phone, but it was their fault. I'm just venting because I have talked to at least 15 Sprint employees retelling my stupid problems and getting the run around I CAN'T stand that!!!!. I LOVE THIS PHONE AND WANT TO REMOVE THE UPDATE AND GO BACK TO BEFORE UPDATE. IT was perfect before.