Gmail syncSupport

Last Updated: 2010-09-25 01:18:01
  1. Blaznlow

Blaznlow Active Member

is there a setting where you can adjust how often your inbox is updated?

Advertisement
  2. Iczer

Iczer Well-Known Member

Don't quote me on this, but I think the Epic does push email and will update whenever an email is received. So there is no need to setup a sync time. I checked under settings > accounts & sync and there is no option to adjust it.

I have my phone on my desk at work and I always know I have an email b/c my phone picks up the emails way before my gmail inbox on my firefox refreshes.
    maxnicks likes this.
  3. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

Yes you can adjust how often it will check email. Here's the thing though, I found this once during initial setup, but I can't find it now! I went back to settings> accounts & sync, but the option wasn't there, but I know its somewhere. Can someone else help with this?

Thanks
  4. kleugers84

kleugers84 New Member

Hi, I too have this same question. I cannot find anywhere in Settings > Accounts and Sync, or in the Settings in the Gmail app where you can set how often the email Syncs. It seems like you either sync all the time, or you don't sync at all. About once an hour would be perfect for me.
    I'd like to conserve battery life by not have it sync'ing constantly, but would be nice not having to remember to refresh my gmail app periodically.
  5. YaBoiD

YaBoiD Well-Known Member

From the homescreen - menu - accounts & sync - uncheck auto sync

You can then manually refresh your GMail inbox
  6. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

Okay I've got it. The way you set up how frequently gmail will check your mail is.

Click the email widget on your Home screen, then click the menu button> account setting> Email check frequency.
  7. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

I don't believe that it is there with the Gmail app, but it is there with the Email app. So it depends on what app you are using.
  8. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

If gmail is your email address you setup on the phone, then yes it will bring in your emails according to how frequently you set your preferences.
  9. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

If gmail is your email address you setup on the phone, then yes it will bring in your emails according to how frequently you set your preferences.

Please delete, mistakenly posted twice.
  10. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

There is no frequency option in the gmail app. Only in the email app. Gmail is push if using the gmail app.