1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Gmail syncing problems

Last Updated:

1. andyknights

andyknights Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I've searched and searched and I had to resort to posting a new thread. This seems like a strange problem...

When I go into Accounts and Sync, I have four sync areas - Facebook for HTC, Weather, Stocks, and google

All (except for google) have an "account settings" area where I can adjiust frequency, etc - but I don't have the same for the google option - does anybody know why not? And how I can sync the google stuff (or does it sync automatically without requiring a schedule?) - confused...any help would be much appreciated - thanks in advance.

Andy

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

If google is set to sync then it sinces, practically in real time. And i believe your right, it is either on or off, no way to set sync frequency

3. andyknights

Ok - if that is indeed the case, why can I not seem to get gmail to show I have new emails (I've using Launcher Pro not HTC Sense at the moment) - I seem to need to go into the gmail app and refresh manually...

Maybe this is an issue with LauncherPro?

4. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

That happens to me sometimes,gmail not syncing.I haven't found a solution but luckily for me it syncs most of the time.

Not using Launcher Pro btw.

5. RazzleFnDazzle

RazzleFnDazzle Well-Known Member

You double checked that it is synching right? I had a problem at one point that would desync my google account for some reason and I have to recheck the synch option. Also its practically real time the sync. There are times where my phone shows I got e-mail first and there are times when my web browser shows I got e-mail first.

6. andyknights

Sadly for me it seems to be not syncing more than it is....

And yeah, I've checked that it is checked in the sync check box...!

Hmmm....how to fix...

Was considering remove and re-adding google account, but my phone seemed to give me a warning that this could be a tad disastrous, so I've not gone that route yet...