Gmail through Exchange + Recent OTA = ProblemsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. garment69

garment69 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Curious if anybody else is having sync issue since the OTA. I switched from the native Gmail app to the HTC Exchange client. Set up was fine, everything was working. then the OTA came through and now I get constand sync failures becuase the system was not able to authenticate my information. It takes me to the set up screen, I just click save, it registers fine and then the next time it sync's I get the error message again. Anyone else?

Advertisement
  2. Squintz82

Squintz82 Well-Known Member

Wow, I thought I was the only person to have this issue.

I had the same thing setup since the 29th. Worked great until yesterday morning when I performed the OTA update. It seemed that I was getting a lot of ActiveSync failures, then finally email wouldn't come through at all anymore. I tried to go through my Exchange settings and re-save them, but now it said it couldn't connect with the server.

So I went ahead and deleted the account, and set it up again. Seems to be working now. Only difference is that before, I was using "google.com" as the domain, and now it will not connect when I do that. I have to leave the "domain" field blank.

3. ejkeebler

ejkeebler Well-Known Member

i had this problem too, i just switched to imap, cause it was easier....any advantage to using the activesync method for gmail vs the imap?

I've read that it really isn't push email, so not sure what other advantages it could be, but would definitely like to know!!

4. BigDaddyLongnut

BigDaddyLongnut Member

I had the same issue with my exchange account, after the update my mail stopped coming. When I did a manual sync it would sync my calender and contacts but the mail would proxy error out. I just deleted the account and entered it again and all is back to normal.

5. Squintz82

Squintz82 Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's real push or not. But I usually get my emails faster than I see them in my Gmail account, and it doesn't seem to kill battery life. Sounds like push to me.

6. garment69

Ok. I followed your lead on leaving the domain field blank. So far that seems to have worked. Thanks.

7. garment69

Still getting the error message.