Gmail trashSupport

1. maliboy67

maliboy67 New Member

I have a new RAZR HD running android 4.1.2. I can't seem to permanently delete the messages in my gmail trash folder. I have read other posts and tried a few things. The sync is turned on for the trash folder, I tried to mark the messages as spam but app won't give me the option to change to that label from the trash folder. If I try to delete them singly it won't give the option to delete them. I really don't want the trash lingering on my phone forever, hope someone can help.

Advertisement
  2. maliboy67

maliboy67 New Member

An update, I did manage to figure out how to send the trash to the spam folder and then delete it. This is a round about way of doing things. Is this a glitch with the gmail app? It is very annoying to have to get rid of trash like that or am I missing something?
  3. kmf

kmf Well-Known Member

I just noticed that my Spam folder on my phone had 109 messages. Using my computer I went into my Gmail account to delete the Spam, but it still was showing up on my phone. I turned my phone off and then back on and the Spam was gone. There has to be an easier way, via the phone, to clean up Trash or Spam.
  4. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

Gmail> settings> manage labels. Choose what you want synced to phone. Trash is not one of them, as it's auto deleted from trash after 30 days. So it's technically synced on it's own from what I see.
  5. clim

clim New Member

I have an android phone.

I played around with my phone and discover these 2 steps. It's a bit manual but it works

go to labels, click on Trash folder, check the messages you want deleted, then report spam.

go to spam folder now, check the messages you want deleted, then press delete.
  6. batwings1

batwings1 Well-Known Member

In the Gmail app, I can go to the Trash folder, hit settings and select Empty Trash.
  7. kmf

kmf Well-Known Member

I have Gmail version 4.5.2 and seem to get along ok deleting Spam and Trash, either on my RMHD, or my MacBook Pro. I don't have to report any messages as Spam, unless I really consider them Spam.