1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Gmail Unread Count and Widget Question

Last Updated:

1. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded the Gmail Unread Count application and I am a little confused. If I go into the "all programs" folder it is not listed. But, when on the home screen, if i click the "+" sign and "add widget" it's listed there. Is there a reason I can't see it unless I want to add it to my home page or is this a problem with my phone?

Also, is there a place to see a complete list of my WIDGETS being that they're not listed in the "all programs" list?

Lastly, I see alot of people post a white box picture with black stuff in it, as if to scan it somehow. What is this and why and how would I scan it??

Advertisement
  2. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

The QR codes, as they are called, are scannable with an app like Barcode Scanner. They may include links to apps, websites, directions, or prompt applications to do something. You should definitely try it out. There's a huge QR code on the side of Madison Square Garden that I just had to walk another block so I could scan! It led to a website about dinosaurs! :)

3. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok that's HILARIOUS!!! Do u use Barscanner? or is there a better app?

4. DrScrubs

DrScrubs Well-Known Member

Nope. That's what widgets are. They don't necessarily show up in your app drawer.

If you want to see everything you have downloaded, widgets or otherwise, go to settings>manage applications>applications.

5. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

I use Barcode Scanner. It is easy to use and can scan upc codes, qr codes, etc.