Gmail unread count error??Support

Last Updated:

1. scooz16

scooz16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

there is a little red bubble where it would say the count usually. Today it says "err1" and the program keeps force closing. The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpecedtedly. please try again.

I've tried removing and putting back. no change.

any ideas???

Advertisement
  2. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

Try deleting the widget from your homescreen and then reapplying it. If that doesn't work, try removing and reinstalling Unread Count.

3. scooz16

I did that and now the err message goes away but I am still getting the force closes.

4. scooz16

force closes went away for a few days but now are back. Any thoughts?

I'll open up gmail, and if I scroll down it will show loading conversations...then force quit. weird.

this is the error message..

"The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpecedtedly. please try again"

5. Da Prof

Da Prof New Member

Whenever this happens to me, it's invariably because a fresh message comes in just as I am sending a reply to a previous one in the same thread. The widget then gets its knickers in a twist because it has an unread message in a thread that the phone has just marked as read.

Going through the thread and opening the unread message sorts the widget out.

However if you are now getting force close of gmail, I suggest you uninstall the widget entirely (not just remove it from the home screen), reboot the phone (i.e. power off completely and on again) and then reinstall the widget.

6. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member

I used to have that same widget and it was really buggy. I kept getting the same err message. However now, I've been using Multicon, (places 4 icons in the space of 1) and the Gmail count thingy doesn't work on the smaller icon anyway. So I've uninstalled.

7. y2kflhr

y2kflhr Active Member

I am really starting to hate the whole gmail experience on my incredible