• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail unread count error??

scooz16

Jun 4, 2010
there is a little red bubble where it would say the count usually. Today it says "err1" and the program keeps force closing. The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpecedtedly. please try again.

I've tried removing and putting back. no change.

any ideas???

there is a little red bubble where it would say the count usually. Today it says "err1" and the program keeps force closing. The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpecedtedly. please try again.

any ideas???
Try deleting the widget from your homescreen and then reapplying it. If that doesn't work, try removing and reinstalling Unread Count.

Upvote 0
force closes went away for a few days but now are back. Any thoughts?

I'll open up gmail, and if I scroll down it will show loading conversations...then force quit. weird.

this is the error message..

"The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpecedtedly. please try again"

Upvote 0

I've tried removing and putting back. no change.

any ideas???

Whenever this happens to me, it's invariably because a fresh message comes in just as I am sending a reply to a previous one in the same thread. The widget then gets its knickers in a twist because it has an unread message in a thread that the phone has just marked as read.

Going through the thread and opening the unread message sorts the widget out.

However if you are now getting force close of gmail, I suggest you uninstall the widget entirely (not just remove it from the home screen), reboot the phone (i.e. power off completely and on again) and then reinstall the widget.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones