Gmail unread counter...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cerealwar, Aug 16, 2010.

1. cerealwar

cerealwar Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Hi guys,

My handset has recently developed a bug whereby my Gmail icon displays unread messages as normal, but even when I read them on the handset, the icon remains displaying them as unread? I click the icon to enter the gmail client, but it still displays all mail as read?!

If I then log in online to Gmail on a desktop, the same emails that I had read on my Desire are still unread... It seems the android app isn't telling gmail that the messages have been read?

Anybody had anything similar?

Running rooted desire with Launcher Pro and Defrost 2.9

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. psyxologos

psyxologos Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Lancaster, Lancashire
    It happened to me once. I went to my gmail account on my PC and read my emails as normal, and turned the phone on and off. That solved it.

3. cerealwar

cerealwar Member

Jul 9, 2010
    If I go to gmail on my desktop and read all of my mail, then it will re-set the counter to the correct amount. But then as soon as I get another email, it goes back to one, which I read, dropping the counter the counter back to zero. Then a second email arrives, and the counter reads two!? If I then log into gmail on the desktop, both the new message and the first one that I read appear as unread!

So you recommend zeroing them all via my desktop, then turning the phone off then back on again?

Thanks again.

4. psyxologos

psyxologos Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Lancaster, Lancashire
    yes. Do this. It worked for me.

cerealwar likes this.
  5. Saint_Viper

Saint_Viper Active Member

May 27, 2010
    Quick one to try, delete the widget then re add it to the desktop.

cerealwar likes this.
  6. bartlet

bartlet Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    UK
    How many gmail accounts are you monitoring with the app? Since the 2.2 update there has been a problem syncing accounts other than the primary. Google and htc are looking into it.

7. cerealwar

cerealwar Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Thanks but it's just the one account that I'm using.

I'll try the other suggestions!

Tags: