Gmail/Work Email Question as well as GPS Question

Last Updated:

1. Mathieas

Mathieas Active Member This Topic's Starter

This is my first andorid phone and as such i am a complete noob so please forgive my silly questions. My current issue is i am trying to use both gmail and my work email in one button(the email accounts stock app ALMOST does this but it will not allow me to use gmail labels which i must have!). Even if i could live without the labels functionality it seems the gmail app is not only my gmail email but myh contacts/calender sync and perhaps even my app ordering account? Does anyone have any ideas for combining my work email with my gmail app while not losing any gmail functionality as well as garenteeing i dont doubel download/sync with the current gmail stock app?

I also have the GPS issue that most people are haveing... are there really people who do NOT have this issue? or are those without the issue not checking? It would seem that if some people dont have this issue it must be a hardware issue? I am quite concerned with this issue... i ave tried the fixes and some work untill i reboot a couple times then i return to an unsable state(settings have not changed)

Thank you for your help

Jonathan

Advertisement
  2. Chromag

Chromag Well-Known Member

How is your work email hosted? My work email is an exchange account and my personal is a Google Apps (basically gmail) account. It seems as though the contacts and such are combined and it puts a little icon next to the names to designate the account they're from.

As for the GPS - I also had a problem with it locking on (as in it wouldn't at all). I decided to return the phone for a new one, but I had rooted it. So I reset the phone to factory defaults and when I went to the AT&T store the GPS was suddenly working and has been fine for the past couple days.

3. Mathieas

Mathieas Active Member This Topic's Starter

I belive i can setup an exchange account with my work email. Will this allow me to select which inbox i want to use when i click one button? thank for you the reply