• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Marketplace - Unable to Connect to Server when not on WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleah

Lurker
Feb 12, 2011
I have LG Optimus M, Android 2.2. I have installed a few Marketplace apps over time but that is it.

When I am connected to WiFi everything works great. When not on WiFi, I can't retrieve Gmail, Yahoo Mail or connect to Marketplace. I get email notifications but app won't load messages. I can browse the web and go into accounts that way to get messages but prefer to use the apps.

Everything was working fine until 2 days ago. I think I turned something off I should not have under running services (would have been related to Yahoo or Gmail - I was just trying to stop notifications). I honestly don't remember exact steps I took and I was on WiFi at the time so did not notice until the next day.

I've tried powering off, taking out battery but that is as far as I've gone. Any ideas on how to get these items working again (i.e., turn back on whatever it was I turned off?)

Thank you for any help.

Still having problems here in Atlanta on Sunday afternoon...

When I launch MetroNavigator it says "Authenticating your subscription", then after 30 seconds a popup appears that says "Connection not available. Please try again later. (2004)"

Top of screen shows the 1x/up/down arrow icon. Arrows light up (up and down) but no connection is made.

If the network is back up, is there something I need to do to reset my phone? I've tried power down, remove battery, power up. No joy...

Upvote 0
Same here... on Wifi everything is ok. But on the network nothing works.(only web browsing does). When trying to go to the Android Market it says "a network error has occured. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen". Same thing with Metronavigator and other apps. I thought it had something to do with upgrading phones in the middle of the month. (Had the old unlimited family plan, I got the phone last wednesday, but had already paid for this month. And I start paying the new family plan next month). But I see it's happening all over. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones