• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GMC IntelliLink / USB Port

RandolphNY

Feb 25, 2010
I am disconnecting from XM Radio this week and want to try and hook up my RAZR through my GM Terrain USB Port.

I quickly tried today with no luck.

Has anyone been able to connect and can please tell me the steps?

Also, I have been searching my phone for the location of music files. I know they exist, because when on airplane mode I see a few files that are playable.

Yes, I have checked my music folder, and there is nothing in it. Also, no music is on the SD Card.

Thank You for your guidance.

I think the music needs to be on the SD card. I have an Android phone with a 32gb micro SD card and it works great via the USB port. I have also found that you can hook up an external hard drive to the USB port and it will work as well with the following conditions. A thumb drive or external hard drive must be formatted with the FAT32 file system. For drives larger than 32gb there is freeware on the internet that can do this just google how to format large drives as FAT32.

Also: I think I read somewhere that certain devices needed to be in airplane mode to work with the USB port. I am not sure what type of device they mentioned but I thought is was an Apple product. You might try airplane mode and see if that does anything.

The above works for me in my 2013 GMC Terrain with an Intellilink Navigation system.

Upvote 0
I think the music needs to be on the SD card. I have an Android phone with a 32gb micro SD card and it works great via the USB port. I have also found that you can hook up an external hard drive to the USB port and it will work as well with the following conditions. A thumb drive or external hard drive must be formatted with the FAT32 file system. For drives larger than 32gb there is freeware on the internet that can do this just google how to format large drives as FAT32.

Also: I think I read somewhere that certain devices needed to be in airplane mode to work with the USB port. I am not sure what type of device they mentioned but I thought is was an Apple product. You might try airplane mode and see if that does anything.

The above works for me in my 2013 GMC Terrain with an Intellilink Navigation system.

Joamon I'm having the same isssue. I just got a Galaxy Note II and when I plug in the usb it doesnt know how to access my music. I select the option to use the usb drive as a media file on the phone but I still can't get the music to play. When you plug yours in what do you select to get it to play the music?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones