GMote / pdanet PC Client error

Last Updated:

1. culpin

culpin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A couple weeks ago I installed GMote and pdanet. All was well, the novelty wore off, and I stopped using them. I uninstalled from my phone but left the clients on my PC just in case. A few days ago, my PC started getting the BSoD. My first thought was my memory was shot but a simple restart rectified the issue for at least a little while.

Well, the problem persisted and actually got worse. For whatever reason, I kept overlooking the BSoD error message. I think I just convinced myself that my memory was failing so I didn't bother to read it. It finally caught my eye yesterday and it stated that a driver was causing my PC to be vulnerable to an outside user. The only "drivers" I had installed recently were pdanet & gmote (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't remember if gmote installed as a driver...but I know pdanet did). I uninstalled both and the problem went away!

Is anyone else having this issue?

Advertisement
  2. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

I'm going to vote that it is the pdanet... I've had gmote on my PC for months with no problem, and you are right it doesn't install any drivers it is just a client.

No idea what pdanet is, but if it installed as a driver that is probably the one that caused the issue

3. culpin

culpin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, it mustve been pdanet. Pdanet is a usb tethering program. I used the free version with good results until I rooted. :)