1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

gmote replacement app.

Last Updated:

1. PygmyArr

PygmyArr Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys, i've been using gmote for a while mainly watching films in bed and being too lazy to get out and shut down the pc.

but recently i had to do a full windows install, and the latest server files will not install for me, (something about enum class) a quick look around shows alot of people with the error and no solutions,

so i need a suitable replacement. running 2.1 on a desire (virgin branded so now 2.2 yet :() being able to browse files server side would be a bonus too.

whats you're recommendations?

Advertisement
  2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

What are you using to play your files? If you're using VLC, there are several VLC remotes on the market.

3. PygmyArr

sometimes its vlc, other times its media player. i did have a vlc remote, but liked the fact i could shut down the pc with my gmote controlling the mouse pointer.

and i also liked gmotes option to play on either device (phone or computer)

4. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

There are a few other options in the Android Market.

5. PygmyArr

yeah thanks for the specifficness lukeehluke, whilst the phrase "what do you recommend?" can be a little vague, i interpreted your "help" as a "i cant be ****ed to search or name/go fork yourself" kinda comment and did a few searches and downloading of many paid and free apps claiming to work what magic i want..

only one came close. very very close.

Unified Remote

seems to a few extra's above what i want, but file exploring seems to be a bit hit n miss, although more hits than misses.