1. slowmandroid

slowmandroid Member

Hi there

I am a noob, and I recently paid

Advertisement
  2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste Guide

Hi

Yes, a lot of apps can be set to save to the extSdCard folder, which is your SD card. Generally the setting is found by using the menu button while the app is running. Certainly all photos, videos can be set to go there by default. Open the camera, press the cog and scroll to the bottom and set storage to Memory Card. I keep all my music on the SD card and the music app finds them OK.

Roger
  3. slowmandroid

slowmandroid Member

Hi Roger - thanks for that - I hadn't spotted that. However when I do that, it tells me "Single shots will be saved to the SD card. Burst shots will be saved to the device storage". It doesn't give me any option to change that... mostly I'll be taking single shots or video so that's a help, though strange you can't set burst mode to save to the ext card too...
  4. Liam548

Liam548 Well-Known Member

Fully agree with this post. Considering the 16gb note2 is actually 10gb really then it is just crazy we can't use the sd cards
  5. slowmandroid

slowmandroid Member

I have to say I do feel a bit misled - the guys in the 3 shop I spoke to about it were quick to point out you could expand the storage by 64gb. Admittedly I didn't get into the finer points about what could be put on the card (and I ended up buying the phone through a third party company anyway) but I just assumed that it would be fine to install stuff to the hugely expanded memory, because, well, it's completely NUTS that you can't do it!!

What do we do - lobby Google / Samsung for an OS update that allows you to do this??
  6. srikat

srikat Well-Known Member

7. TheOtherBill

TheOtherBill Well-Known Member

Not being able to place apps on the SD card is a change Google made to Android with jellybean. I don't think you can get around it by rooting, but I haven't tried it myself.
    They had a sort of valid reason for the change but a lot of people think they could have gone a step further. Maybe someday.