• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GNM_TURBO JIT + OC = 8+ mflops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calculator force closing; Market>Downloads work fine for me. I'll just install another calculator, nothing to worry about unless you absolutely can't live without Eclair's calculator, haha.

Downloads isn't working using the newest 2.1 update pre-JIT... So it must be a problem from that.

There is a issue with calculator fc. Market Downloads has nothing to do with this. That issue is from not following instructions on wiping /cache after VZB update.

Upvote 0
Bummer, I just verified both things mentioned above. Calculator won't work and Market>Downloads gets an error message.

I have that same issue. I get an error when downloading from the market. Downloads go through fine, and install fine, just throws a message.

This is on Velocity 0.2 which did not receive the newest 2.1 update. This is a V8 ROM.

Upvote 0
There is a issue with calculator fc. Market Downloads has nothing to do with this. That issue is from not following instructions on wiping /cache after VZB update.

I *did* wipe the cache after installing. Rather than trust my memory, I re-flashed VZB that you posted, rebooted, rewiped /cache. Same issue. Market is fine, but the downloads page won't load. I reflashed to a previous LG build and it worked again.

EDIT:
Oh, just saw a comment saying it was fixed for someone today. I'll re-re-re-flash VZB and try again (I am back on V8 now)... Now that I think about it, it could have been timing... broken before I flashed V8, fixed again a couple hours later after I did.

Upvote 0
I *did* wipe the cache after installing. Rather than trust my memory, I re-flashed VZB that you posted, rebooted, rewiped /cache. Same issue. Market is fine, but the downloads page won't load. I reflashed to a previous LG build and it worked again.

EDIT:
Oh, just saw a comment saying it was fixed for someone today. I'll re-re-re-flash VZB and try again (I am back on V8 now)... Now that I think about it, it could have been timing... broken before I flashed V8, fixed again a couple hours later after I did.

I have just fixed the calculator.apk and will reupload soon. I haven't seen the market download error. I wanted someone to be more discriptive of the exact error.

Upvote 0
I have just fixed the calculator.apk and will reupload soon. I haven't seen the market download error. I wanted someone to be more discriptive of the exact error.

If I see it again, I'll let you know... what I remember is, it said "no downloaded apps" as if it was a fresh install, then immediately a box popped up and said... something about availability. The options were Retry and Cancel. It acted as if there was no network connection (but only at that window).

I know that's vague, but hopefully it'll help somehow. It's looking likely that it was just a hiccup in the Market, anyhow.

Upvote 0
If I see it again, I'll let you know... what I remember is, it said "no downloaded apps" as if it was a fresh install, then immediately a box popped up and said... something about availability. The options were Retry and Cancel. It acted as if there was no network connection (but only at that window).

I know that's vague, but hopefully it'll help somehow. It's looking likely that it was just a hiccup in the Market, anyhow.

Yep thats all it was.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones