• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Go Away +1!!

Geof

Nov 13, 2008
Does anybody know how to disable the +1 part of a phone number? ie: +1-972-555-5555??

Over the Holiday, I received a few texts from people and had to respond with "Who is this, so I can add you in my new phone." When they were already added in, but without the +1 added on. Not to mention, if I call a number of +1-972-555-5555, the call will not go through. This is a major annoyance and I want to cancel it yesterday!

Does anybody know how to disable the +1 part of a phone number? ie: +1-972-555-5555??

Over the Holiday, I received a few texts from people and had to respond with "Who is this, so I can add you in my new phone." When they were already added in, but without the +1 added on. Not to mention, if I call a number of +1-972-555-5555, the call will not go through. This is a major annoyance and I want to cancel it yesterday!

you want to cancel what yesterday? and i'm not sure why your phone does a +1, it should only be 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx in which case it would dial perfectly fine with callerID tags and everything. Are you in ze US of A?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones