Go back to 1.5??General

Last Updated:

1. Divebomber3

Divebomber3 Active Member This Topic's Starter

My Eris was working so much better before the 2.1 OTA update. I was just wondering if it is possible to go back to 1.5? If so, would my phone go back to working like it did before or would there be a chance it'd still be acting up? I really like some of the features of 2.1 but i'd much rather have a working phone!

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Well, before considering that, have you done a factory reset yet? This seems to have solved quite a few wacky issues that folks have had:

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/80233-factory-data-reset-option.html

Read through and let us know how you feel (and if you do a factory reset).

Thanks.

P.S. Hey, I just noticed, "Northern Indiana"! (go Hoosiers! :D).

Also, let us know what kinds of things are happening to your phone. There's lots of things that might be able to help you (unless you've already tried them). Let us know.

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

It depends. If you have the 1.46 or 1.47 HBOOT, you can root and then downgrade to 1.5. If you have the 1.49 HBOOT, your out of luck, and are stuck with 2.1.

You may have gotten the 1.49 HBOOT if you installed a leak or you have gotten a replacement phone from Verizon in the past month or so.

But to double check, turn off you phone. Then while your phone is turning on press VOLUME DOWN and POWER/END at the same time. Then at the top it should say something along the lines of "1.4X HBOOT".

4. Divebomber3

already tried the factory reset... it was ok for a few days but now it's worse than it was before I did the reset..

5. Divebomber3

Thanks Demache... I do have 1.47.. as I'm currently running a stock phone would rooting void any warranty I might have on the phone?

6. gotweed

gotweed Well-Known Member

Yes, rooting does void your warranty.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

7. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

it does. But not to worry. It's completely reversible. After you root, you would install 1.5 which removes most of the evidence that you were ever rooted. After you remove the recovery partition, it will be just like new.

Sent from an HTC Eris

8. McZimi

McZimi Member

Wait but if your on 1.47 cant you just use the MR2 RUU and downgrade? I thought people have been doing this for weeks.