• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

go check your local at&t store

well considering at&t's warehouse for their phones is located in texas.... i am not surprised that people in texas are starting to get them... it sucks for us people who live on the other side of the country.. we'll have to wait for shipments... and those of us like me who live near the coast.. probably won't see anything until the 18th or 19th unless we are lucky :( i hope im wrong

I'm pretty glad I live right outside Dallas then. Gonna check my local store tomorrow. Hopefully they let me buy it before Sunday!

Upvote 0
truth be told.. few hours ago i went to the 2 nearby att stores.. and they both knew nothing and both tried to sell me an iphone 4... bleh..

i then traveled to another att store and the manager said that they don't have any and said to check back on sunday..

HOWEVER! i did go to a bestbuy and they said to check back tomorrow... but then again when i said samsung captivate... they looked at me like i was crazy...

i live in san francisco, california btw

Upvote 0
I'm in Arlington TX and there 3 stores all close by that I will try tomorrow. If I don't have any success I'm just go to the one in Allen (1 hour drive) that was mentioned here earlier. Question for the ones you got it. Did you just ask if they had the Samsung Captivate, they said yes and you brought it? Was it that simple?

Upvote 0
HOWEVER! i did go to a bestbuy and they said to check back tomorrow... but then again when i said samsung captivate... they looked at me like i was crazy...

I had a similar experience at my local Best Buy. The first person I asked had no clue what I was talking about, but said he hadn't been there for a while, so maybe he just didn't know about it. He went to ask the other person working in the mobile area, who was actually helping another customer, and they didn't know anything either.

Being that I had to repeat the name of the phone to the guy about 4 times, I'm thinking part of my question may have gotten lost in translation. The guy just told me to check in on Sunday to see if they have any.

Neither of them ever checked the computer or anything so I may go back again to see if I can find someone more knowledgeable, or at least find someone who isn't too busy to take a few seconds to check. I haven't checked my local AT&T store to see if they have it.

Upvote 0
Just called two stores:

I called and asked do they stock the Captivate

Store #1: "AT&T normally releases phones on Sundays, please check back then"

Cool response

Store (Corporate Store) #2: "What's todays date? It comes out on the 18th." <click>

That guy at Store #2 was a complete ass. This is why loathe going into any AT&T store...:cool:

Upvote 0
well I have called 4 local stores this morning so far.

1 I talked to the assistant manager who was more than happy to go check his stock to see if it was in the back. But told me it wasn't available until Sunday. After a little convo though he said to call back at 4 or so cuz they get their shipments between noon and 3, and if he had any in stock he would sell me one tonight.

Two of them just didn't answer the phone which really annoys me to no end.

The last store I called and asked "Do you have any captivates in stock?", the guy started chuckling and was like, "If I did I would be playing with it right now instead of answering the phones." Guy was very chill, thought he couldnt sell it til sunday but i told him I talked to a few managers at other stores and they were selling it to me as soon as it was available and he said he would call me back as soon as he got it in so I could come down and pick it up if I hadn't gotten one already.

Upvote 0
I called one store here in columbus OH while waiting for another to open, the one over next to best buy on morse, gal there said they don't have any right now but would on the 18th. When the polaris store in front of target opened, greeted by an extremely nice young lady, told her I wanted to swap my verizon over to att and to the captivate, she said sorry we don't have them until the 18th, she then said she would call me when they had them in though and took all of my information down on a pad, then she said hold one moment and went into the back, came back and said yes sorry have to wait until 18th. I'm just going to stop there though, she was very nice so I'm just going to go with her, I can wait until she calls me back. I do have my aria to fool with but sure cannot wait to get rid of this other eyesore(verizon phone)...LOL!!!:eek:

Upvote 0
Well, I called 2 AT&T stores near my work, and 2 Best Buys. One AT&T store didn't pick up the phone. Other told me the 18th. One Best Buy said they wouldn't have it till the 18th. Other Best Buy said they didn't even know if they'd be getting it at all. So I'm out of luck for now it seems. :(
I'm in the same boat, but I'll def be calling 'em all again on Sat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones