• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GO Contacts not saving my contacts/not allowing me to add them

zetsui

Jul 24, 2011
I really like GO Contacts and have purchased some addtional products like layouts with them. But this has been driving me insane. I added two restaurants/stores' numbers to my phone/sim. Within the app, I go to contacts
and they are not there. I look at the 'dialed' listing and there they are with name listed! If I dial the number...same thing the name comes up. On the other hand if I hold the contacts number after putting it in the dialer and press to 'add to contacts' its like starting a completely blank contact entry and when I do continue to enter it...same thing doesn't come up when I go to look for the contact in the app (but again is present in recently dialed if I recently dialed that number).

Basically I can't go to 'contacts' within the app and just search and dial for the number like I did . And its causing me a lot of grief. Imagine not being able to do that. It will turn smiles upside down.

Reinstalled, and cleared data.Upgraded. Still not working. I'm a goin crazzzzzzzzzzy

ALL information is correct in the stock android contacts/dialer. Phone and SIM only are checked (those are my only two sources, I dont have google facebook etc). It seems like the problem is with this app solely. Another Contacts app loads up the stock contacts on the phone correctly. I'm lost

The app is by default on my phone. SO it being on SD card is an option knocked out.

EDIT Ok I just tried to import from SIM. Now I got the stock phone numbers, which is weird, I mean why would my SD card and phone not have my new numbers but my old a ss SIM would.

New problem. I havet a double entry of everything. How to delete easily?

Upvote 0
They could have been saved to sdcard only. Who knows. You need to make sure all your contacts are saved to gmail or T-mobile or whatever off-sight (cloud?) account you have. This will eliminate the duplicates one way or another (auto/manual).
And, when saving a new contact, that is in dialer log right now, long-press "new contact", not "add contact".
Once all your contacts are in the one place, sync with your phone (SIM) or sdcard.
You should end up with UN-duplicated contacts wherever you choose, preferably in Google.
You can then sync to SIM or sdcsrd.
I'm just going by memory, so if I'm just messing you up, I really do apologize.:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones