Go from 1.32.651.6 root to 1.47 root?

Last Updated:

1. gzeshDP

gzeshDP Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys. I'm sure the answer is probably buried somewhere here or xda or ppc geeks deep within the threads but I can't find it and I figured people are so quick to respond it would be easy to just pose the question;

I'm on 1.32.651.6 fully rooted but would like to move to 1.47 so as to gain all the bug fixes/radio updates/whatever else HTC updated. In short, I just want to be updated as much as I can. I also want to root again.
    So here's the question: Do I need to flash back to the stock rom without root and apply the over the air update to 1.47, then root with the newer methods again? Or can I apply with update over the air with my current rooted 1.32.651.6 to bring me to 1.47 stock and then root? Or even better, can I simply flash over a fully rooted version of 1.47 now? Thanks so much guys.

Advertisement
  2. kaw900r

kaw900r Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing the other day and posted a question but never got a response. So being impatient and new to droid but i am a computer geek and it is wht i do for a living. Yes it can be done as long as you are still rooted. All I did was open 3 step root went to last step to clean data and cache and then loaded new updated rom for root. It was a little hard on the battery the first day but working a lot better now. Still looking for a rom that has all the bugs out but until then the custom rooted roms will have to do. Hopes this helps you...:cool:

3. gzeshDP

Thanks for the reply. By 3 step root, do you mean simpleroot for 1.47?

4. kaw900r

kaw900r Well-Known Member

I used the first one that i had loaded already and worked great since i was rooted. Just clean data & cache then load rom. Pretty easy now just want a custom rom that is working properly.:cool:

5. Shift.Evolve

Shift.Evolve Active Member

tsatrom likes this.
  6. gzeshDP

Did the simple root, seemed to mess some stuff up (booted with incorrect software version...? and no working cam...). Did "how to start over." Frickin' cakewalk. Worked like a charm. Thanks everyone.

7. ryan2202

ryan2202 Well-Known Member

what exactly is the 1.32xxx and 1.47xxx "roots"? is that a firmware version or something? changing from one to the other will that limit which ROMs you can flash and try out? are the ROMs built on the 1.32 or 1.47 platform or will they work on either? currently Im on Fresh 0.5.3 but no idea what 1.32 or 1.47 or whatever "root" Im on.

firmware versions, screen versions, baseband radio versions, wimax, RUU, OTA, adb shells, etc...gives me a freaking headache lol. its like trying to piece together one puzzle but you have have to 15 other puzzles together in order to piece together the newest puzzle. ay yay yay.

...learning, slowly but surely.

8. ibepressin

ibepressin Active Member

Ok I've had my evo for a few hours now and it's time to root. I'm on 1.32.651.6 I have NOT done the update. Is there a reason I would want to do it? From what I've gathered the 1.32 is easier to root/ whenI say easier I mean I know there are methods to do it without adb. So should I update or leave it at 1.32.651.6?