Go into a dark room with your EVO sleeping...Support

Last Updated:

1. shokher99

shokher99 Member

Are your menu lights dimly lit? Mine are always on unless charging. Seems like a waste of power to me. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. There was a few people with the google evo's that had this problem. seems to be a defect that keeps the button's lights dimly lit when they should be completely off.
  3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I was about to say... if I saw the word chloroform in here, I was about to bail.
  4. EVO Empire

EVO Empire Member

Mine are completely off.
  5. dzar

dzar Well-Known Member

Completely off, here.
  6. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

Mine are off, maybe some application or something is triggering them on?
  7. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

Mine are off--though they stay on while playing videos, which is distracting/stupid.
  8. leestyle

leestyle Member

I am having this problem as well, going to try to exchange the phone for a new one. My wife also has the Evo and it does not have this issue.
  9. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly Member

My light doesn't seem to stay on.
  10. shanndogg

shanndogg New Member

My girlfriend and I bought EVO's and her lights do not stay lit when the screen is off, but mine does. We bought them at the same time/store. Tried resetting- all that stuff and it still stays on. So lame... Could this be a hardware issue? Has anyone found a solution to this or am I going to have to return mine?
  11. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

Thanks, I had to try it to find out - my menu buttons' backlighting do go off when the screen sleeps.

Creeped me out expecting something different to happen - but as long as some croaking, pale woman with dirty hair doesn't crawl out of the screen or that creepy little boy...