• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

go launcher dock

dan281082

Aug 27, 2011
hi guys i seem to have lost the plus signs on the dock that enables to add to the dock draw on go launcher any ideas how to get it back

long pressing does f all!!

Attachments

• rsz_2screenshot-1336725598865.png
    rsz_2screenshot-1336725598865.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 110
Yesterday's Go Launcher update claimed to have made some changes to the dock, both about hiding and scrolling. Can't say I noticed them in the brief time I used it before reverting to 2.86, but I wonder whether this is related?

I did note that restoring 2.86 app only from Ti resulted in my dock being totally fouled up, so something had changed in the dock settings ;)

(and before anyone asks, I don't like their new way of adding widgets to homescreens, which is why I've stopped updating Go Launcher).

Upvote 0
hi guys i seem to have lost the plus signs on the dock that enables to add to the dock draw on go launcher any ideas how to get it back

long pressing does f all!!

From the Android applications forum:

This is NOT a problem.....just create a Shortcut on your homescreen like normal.....then just drag that shortcut down into your dock.....DONE!

Also, long-pressing on any Dock icon brings up the proper menu to replace its icon....all of this works just fine for me (GO Launcher EX 3)

Upvote 0
I also don't like their new folder look either. Looks shite. 2.85 was their last good one IMHO. 86 was unstable for me. That said, Im on the latest version currently.
I decided today that I was sufficiently fed up that I wound it back to 2.82. Decided that nothing they'd done since then was an improvement and a few things were retrograde, so I think I'll freeze there.

Next I may have to wind the market back so that I can break links again. :(

Upvote 0
The Plus sign to add more icons is not visible and you are unable to add more app icons to the dock because the AutoFit icons to the dock option is checked. This options enlarges and auto fits the remaining icons and removes the plus sign as well.
Here is how to turn it off to get the Add Icons(plus sign) back so as to add more icons to your Go-launcher dock.

1. Press the menu key in the home screen >
2. Open Preferences (this is the golauncher app settings not the android settings).
3. Now open "Application Settings".
4. Scroll down to the very bottom.
5. You can see the Auto Fit Icons option is checked. Just uncheck it.

Thats all. Your Add icon(plus sign) has appeared on the launcher dock and just tap to add new icons.
Thank you
-Vky-

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones