• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Go launcher ex and the new HTC weather & clock widget

Errol246

Lurker
Oct 28, 2010
Hello everyone!

Having just bought an HTC Sensation XE (and loving it!), I wanted to use the same apps and home replacement app as I had done on my old Android device. I then proceeded to download Go launcher ex, which has a beautiful array of themes and special applications, which are not available on HTC sense. However, there is just one thing missing: the new, gorgeous weather & clock app found on gingerbread!

Is there really no way of accessing and using that widget on any home replacement app launcher? All the other weather & clock apps I've been able to find are not very pretty and most look really dull, and some even blurry on the huge Sensation XE screen. If there is no way of accessing the widget, then can you please recommend a really good weather & clock app for go launcher ex which is at least close to the HTC sense one? Because otherwise I will have to go back to sense.

Thank you guys in advance!

I have a Droid 2 Global with stock Motoblur and I added Beautiful Widgets yesterday for $0.10 and I have also had luck with Fancy Widgets (free & paid versions available). Both of these have a nice Sense-like clock/weather widget that works well.

Beautiful widgets was a fine app back when I was using an HTC wildfire, but I tried it out on my Sensation XE it did not appeal to me very much. The widget, regardless of skin, is blurry and has no animations. Also, the weather widget is not nearly as good as the built in one in gingerbread. This is the one I'm talking about, in case you don't already know:

HTC Sensation - Weather widget and desktop rotation - Androidsuomi.fi - YouTube

Does fancy widgets offer a similar experience, or better?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones