• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Go Launcher EX guide

A few weeks back, Go Launcher EX updated (to 3.0.x, not sure which revision), and dumped my home screen. When I tried to add the widgets back, it ignores my long press on the home screen. If I go to the menu and hit the add button, nothing happens.

I went back to Nemus launcher, which essentially looks the same, but is a bit clunkier.

I decided to revisit the issue today, so I uninstalled, then reinstalled the newest version from the market (3.0.2) and I still have the same issue. I can long press the default widgets that are on the home screen and move/resize/delete, and I can drag/drop apps from the apps list, but I still can't long press to add widgets or applications.

Anyone else experience this?

Upvote 0
I'm really hoping someone can help me because I have no idea what I've done wrong. I created a couple folders in the app drawer and for some reason they completely disappeared along with the apps that I put in the folders. I can't find them anywhere. Also, after I created the first folder and was back in the app drawer, one of my apps was duplicated. Then when I made the second folder another app was duplicated (not an app I put in the folder) and the first app was back to only having one. When I pressed the duplicate app it deleted the names under all the apps in that row. I restarted the phone and I'm back to having only one of every app, but the folders are still missing along with the apps that were in the folders.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Upvote 0
Earlier:
"resizing widgets- ...long press a widget and select resize. drag the edges to the desired size."

Yes, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to say--
DONE
ENTER
TAKE THIS NEW SIZE AND USE IT
EXECUTE

The widget sinply stays there with the re-sized outline active, and ANYTHING I do to get back to the desktop seems to cancel the resizing, and the widget is back to the undesired size.

How do you exit the re-sizing process and keep the new size?

Second question. how do you set a different screen to be the "Home" screen? Mine goes to 2/5 on home press; I want it to go to 3/5.

Upvote 0
Earlier:
"resizing widgets- ...long press a widget and select resize. drag the edges to the desired size."

Yes, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to say--
DONE
ENTER
TAKE THIS NEW SIZE AND USE IT
EXECUTE

The widget sinply stays there with the re-sized outline active, and ANYTHING I do to get back to the desktop seems to cancel the resizing, and the widget is back to the undesired size.

How do you exit the re-sizing process and keep the new size?

Second question. how do you set a different screen to be the "Home" screen? Mine goes to 2/5 on home press; I want it to go to 3/5.

See if this works for you -

1 - To save the resized widget, after changing the size, hit the back button on you devive.

2 - To select which screen is the home screen, pinch two of your fingers inward on any home screen until you get to an overview of all your screens at once. Then just tap the little home icon at the bottom of the screen you want to be the home one.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
See if this works for you -
1 - To save the re-sized widget, after changing the size, hit the back button on you device.
2 - To select which screen is the home screen, pinch two of your fingers inward on any home screen until you get to an overview of all your screens at once. Then just tap the little home icon at the bottom of the screen you want to be the home one....

Thanks. Amazingly, the back button works, but I had done that before and it went back to the "before-change-size."

While waiting for your reply, I had rebooted while in the screen with the re-sized widget still sitting in the state with the re-size border showing and remainder of screen llightly grayed. After the reboot, the widget loaded in the NEW size--it saved the re-size state it was in at reboot time--even though that had not 'completed.'

Now, after the reboot, the back button does leave the widget in the new, re-sized state. Go figure.

And the Home screen setting works also. Two for two! I should have known this one though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones