GO Launcher EX - How to take a screen shot?

Last Updated:

1. Daddy Stew

Daddy Stew New Member This Topic's Starter

I am running GO Launcher EX v3.02 and have searched everywhere for instructions on how to capture screenshots. The only guidance I found was HOME & POWER Button at the same time, but that doesn't work for me.

I know the device has the feature because I am constantly getting random screenshots in my Photobucket. Help please!

Advertisement
  2. kagevazquez

kagevazquez Well-Known Member

Power and volume Down is the only other way

3. Daddy Stew

This has me feeling pretty enept, as I am not a newbie, but each time I try a sequence (Power > Vol Down, Vol Down > Power or try to hit both at the same time), the device turns off.

4. Daddy Stew

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but any sequence of the two keys mentioned results in the device powering off. This one has me stumped.

5. zoomzabba

zoomzabba Active Member

What ROM are you running? This seems more an issue with the OS. Perhaps there is a screenshot feature on your power menu or one can be added.

6. Daddy Stew

AlterROM Redux v1.0.2

I was hoping to use the feature but I guess I will download another app to do the same, as I plan to upgrade to a Galaxy sIII next week and wanted to capture my screens to be able to restore the same settings.

7. zoomzabba

zoomzabba Active Member

Firstly, I'm pretty sure that you have a supersonic(evo 4g) and not a shooter/u (evo V 4g) phone based on that ROM.

Secondly; are you just trying to save the layout of GO Launcher? IIRC, it has a back up feature that you can use to save>copy>restore on new phone. The only thing that won't stick is Widget locations.

8. joe_blow

joe_blow Well-Known Member

Will work on any Android device, the sequence is Volume-down but at the same time Power. They have to be hit exactly at the same time. You only need to press for 1 second, 1/2 a second works for me. Took me about 5+ minutes of practice to get it to do it. Not my fault, complain to Google why they picked such a awkward way.

How to Take Screenshots on Android Devices Since 4.0 - How-To Geek
    How to: Take Screenshots and Share Them on an Android Device [Beginners' Guide] – Droid Life
    32 essential Android tips and tricks - Take a screenshot (Ice Cream Sandwich/Jelly Bean) - CSMonitor.com