Go Launcher EX Issues

1. HartyWest

HartyWest New Member

Hey all
    I have a Droid X, and downloaded Go Launcher EX about 5 months ago.
    However, about a week ago, something happened to my phone, which I assume is a bug of the Launcher.
    While viewing my phones homescreen and other pages It is stuck in Landscape mode, but my apps and widgets are distorted and out of place. I can still use them, and I can still use every app normally, landscape and portrait. Its only my homescreens
    Any help?
    I'm using version 2.83 of Launcher EX, System version 4.5.621 and Android version 2.3.4

Many thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member Contributor

If you go to preferences > screen settings > screen orientation, you should be able to change it back.
  3. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

Never heard of that problem, but I suggest contacting the developers for advice. They are usually quick to respond. GL!
  4. fred1955

fred1955 Member

Hello Everyone.
    I am using Go Launcher 3.0 and just noticed whenever I select Preferences it restarts the Go Launcher Home screen. So, I cannot access my Go Launcher Preferences anymore. Here are the facts about my phone:

Carrier – Sprint
    Brand/Model – Samsung Epic 4G
    Model number – SPH-D700
    Firmware version – 2.3.6
    Baseband version – S700.0.55.FC09
    Kernel version – 2.6.35.7
    Build number – GINGERBREAD.FC09
    Hardware number – D700.0.5
    -----------------------
    Total space (SD) = 14.90GB
    Available space (SD) = 11.69GB
    Available internal memory = 187MB
    -----------------------
    I was using Go Launcher 2.87 without any problems. Then, I updated to GL 3.0, and after 2 days, my Preferences menu does not load anymore and just restarts my Go Launcher Home screen. So, now I cannot access any Preference settings, and cannot do any Backups.

What should I do?
    Thanks forum friends.
    Or, how do I un-install GL 3.0, and just re-install GL 2.87?
  5. Epicurean

Epicurean Well-Known Member

I also have a Samsung Epic 4G. Just installed Go Launcher EX and did not have the problem you describe. Try uninstalling Go Launcher, then re-install (from the native TouchWiz on the phone).

1. Press menu from a home screen
    2. press settings > applications > manage applications > Go Launcher
    3. Press uninstall > OK
    4. Return to home screen (you will now be in TouchWiz or something like that)
    5. If you don't have a Google Play icon on a home screen, open App Drawer to find it
    6. Re-install Go Launcher from Google Play
  6. khatani

khatani New Member

I have just upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean and updated my Go Launcher as well.

I have one slight problem, when I view a picture in portrait mode it shows fine and then when I rotate to landscape the picture gets cut off, similarly if I view in landscape mode it works fine and then when I rotate to portrait, it gets cut off.

This only happens while viewing a picture, if I look at the overview of all folders it works fine. Viewing videos also works fine. It only happens when viewing a picture.

Please help.
  7. triggertact

triggertact New Member

UPDATE: Nevermind... just saw the other form string about this specific issue.

Got a Verizon Galaxy S5 that is now rooted. For some reason, Go Launcher keeps asking to set it as the default home screen when I click the home button. I select "Always" rather than "Just Once" but it keeps coming up with the prompt. Any ideas?

If uninstallation/reinstallation is required, will that wipe out all my settings/icon placement/etc.?