1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Go Launcher Ex notification

1. jak68

jak68 Well-Known Member

Hi, I have just installed Go Launcher EX on my S2 which is running ok and I have now installed the Go Notification plug in but I cannot seem to get it working, Can anyone give me any advice :confused:

Advertisement
    :
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Moved to Android Applications as per request of OP.
    jak68 likes this.
  3. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Can't get it to work meaning what? Can't find the options, it isn't notifying for a particular app, etc?
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Go Notifications Plugin stopped working with their more recent update to accomodate ICS. The Plugin has not yet been updated to speed with the launcher.
  5. pool_shark

It's working for me, at least on text messages.
    I switched to apex, but after reading your message I lauched go launcher and sent myself a text. It has the notification over the sms icon.
  6. jak68

jak68 Well-Known Member

What do you have to do to get it working :confused:
  7. pool_shark

I set mine up long ago and it still works.
    From go launcher tap the menu button - plugins - notification. Check unread text message and whatever else you want.

Gmail may not work. I know last year Gmail changed the app and all 3rd party notification were broken. They recently updated again, and I know for sure apex launcher can show gmail unread count, not sure about any other 3rd party app.

What messaging app are you using for sms?
    jak68 likes this.
  8. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

If your using go SMS then check all the settings, it works for me!
  9. jak68

jak68 Well-Known Member

Go sms, I think I might of sorted it now, not sure of my gmail yet. I will post on here if it works. Thanks for your help:D
  10. chanchan05

It stopped working on mine after I updated. @_@
  11. rodawg71

rodawg71 Well-Known Member

My Gmail notification is still broken... Sms and missed calls work fine. I've never used the K9 or FB one so can't speak for those.
  12. chanchan05

I thought GMail removed third party notification capability ages ago? Did they bring it back? As of like sometime early this year I think, third party notification apps like Go Notification, ADW Notification etc can't show notifications on Gmail anymore.
  13. pool_shark

Apex launcher has Gmail notifications for Gmail 4.0.5.
  14. jak68

jak68 Well-Known Member

If the gmail app doesn't have third party notification anymore, is there any other apps that does have notification and is compatible with gmail :confused:
  15. chanchan05

You can use GMail on almost any email app. I don't even use the Gmail app on my phone, I have my GMail account in the stock mail app. At least I get to use a unified inbox on all my accounts.
  16. jak68

jak68 Well-Known Member

17. Rang3r

Rang3r Member

working)
  18. jak68

jak68 Well-Known Member

What do people recommend for a good trustworthy email app:confused:
  19. jak68

jak68 Well-Known Member

Has anyone got any thoughts to the best email client ?
  20. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member

Although I've never personally used it, I've heard lots of people saying really good things about K-9 Mail
  21. nicoloko

nicoloko New Member

i just finished installing the go launcher thing but it doesn't work on my phone.
  22. Tab88

Tab88 Member

I have Go Launcher Ex and Go SMS Pro on my GTab 2, but cannot get Go Notifications to work for SMS or calls, despite following all the instructions for enabling it.
  23. Rezasaurus

Rezasaurus New Member

Hello Everyone,

Sorry if you are seeing this twice, I posted in a thread I found through Google Search and didn't realize it was a thread within a specific Android Phone. Below is the help I am seeking.

I am having issues with this app but the opposite of the OP. I Installed Go Launcher Notifications and didn't really like it as it doesn't show notifications for all apps. Well after a day of using the Notifications, I decided that the notification in the status bar was good enough and uninstalled the Go Launcher Notification app. The problem now is, the badges are still showing up after uninstalling and I also went as far as resetting my phone to factory settings but yet the badges are still appearing.

If anyone has a solution as to how i can get rid of the badges, please let me know. BTW I am using the new Galaxy Note 2 if that helps.

Thanks in Advance
  24. Rezasaurus

Rezasaurus New Member

No one have this issue? Would really like to get rid of these notification badges.

Cheers