• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Go launcher home screen GONE!

poppy12

Lurker
Jul 6, 2012
I have installed go launcher ex for about one week now and yesterday suddenly the home screen on the go launcher ex vanished and the icon on the bottom like application and contact icon is gone as well. nothing left except for the wallpaper.
now im left using the original default home screen.
I really want go launcher back, because i spent alot of time organizing apps.
ps. if in uninstall the go launcher what would happen to my phone system?

Please help Thanks

So there's nothing else i can do? do you know why this happened and will it do that again when i reinstall it?
one more thing, why is that when i press the home button, other than the go launcher there's also go locker which is the same home screen as go launcher?

do you know how to set up a lock on my lock screen?
I used to have one but when i install the go launch or go locker i can never have one even when i enable the privacy setting and set a pin.
I have a pin no. for when i fully turn off and on my phone, but on the lock screen, at the moment its just a slide bar so anyone can open. does that make sense?

Upvote 0
Presumably you still have a stock launcher installed. If so that would still be there & would come up when you press the home button.

You could try clearing data via settings>applications>manage applications>go launcher but you would have to configure it all over again.

Also, whenever i exit an app like music, google map or others it still running for some reason, i check in the mange application under running program. is there a way to exit properly?

Upvote 0
I have installed go launcher ex for about one week now and yesterday suddenly the home screen on the go launcher ex vanished and the icon on the bottom like application and contact icon is gone as well. nothing left except for the wallpaper.
now im left using the original default home screen.
I really want go launcher back, because i spent alot of time organizing apps.
ps. if in uninstall the go launcher what would happen to my phone system?

Please help Thanks

This exact same thing happened to me after spending a couple of hours configuring it just the way I wanted. To make matters worse, the backup I made flaked out on me too.

Now I'm willing to consider that somehow this was user error, but, bottom line, I don't trust GO anymore, and moved on to Apex (which I think is a lot better, even if it costs).

As for the running app issue, some apps run as services and don't truly shut down. I use Android Assistant to ID these as well as batch shut down periodically others I don't need to be running.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones