• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Go Launcher - No Go?

izzykay

Lurker
Jul 5, 2013
Within 1.5 years, I had the Galaxy S2, S3, Note and Note 2 and I somehow managed to break them all. Okay I have to admit, two of them fell, which doesn't mean that I didn't have any other problems with them - and the S3 just just out of the blue stopped working and wouldn't charge anymore.

Now my current Note 2, recently just had no network out of nowhere. After trying everything and I still kept getting the message 'no network available' I went to the shop to get a new sim card, which did not solve the problem. I then ended up having to reset my whole phone. So anyways, the guy at the shop saw that I was using GoLauncher and he said that I should never use 3rd party launchers because they mess up the phone and Samsung doesn't ensure you any warranty anymore. And I was like what's he talking about. For all 4 Android devices I always used GoLauncher and I never thought that that would be the reason for me to have so many issues with my galaxy phones. All of them always crashed, or froze and I assumed it's because I have sooo many apps and files and stuff so obviously that would slow the phone down.

But nooow after he said what he said, I'm scared to download GoLauncher. But I miss it so much, you can do so many more things on it than on the regular launcher. What do you think about GoLauncher and the shop guy's theory? Or do you think it might be because I have many apps and I'm really fast on the phone so maybe I might have asked too much from it....!

Any thoughts on me effin up 4 galaxy phones within 1.5 years?? Anyone had similar experiences? You might ask, why do you keep going back to Samsung then - I just love it and I have faith. Thank you guys!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones