Go Launcher using a lot of battery

1. gale65

gale65 Well-Known Member

I got a better battery monitor and it looks like Go Launcher is using quite a bit of my battery (10% of the total use on my last check). If I remove it, can I still use Go SMS? I know a lot of these apps are linked.

Is there a better launcher app that doesn't kill battery?

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Those apps in fact are not linked, they are just made by the same Developers. So in other words you can keep using Go SMS even without having the launcher installed.

I know i use Nova Launcher and it's fine. Just make sure on the installation of a new Launcher to restart your device, otherwise it could use up more battery.

Hope this helps! :)
    Pookeysgirl likes this.
  3. gale65

gale65 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I googled and it looks like a recent update caused the sudden spike in battery drain. I'll try Nova Launcher.
  4. gale65

gale65 Well-Known Member

With Nova Launcher I don't have the menu button on the bottom of my screen. Is there a way to get it back on there? I only have the back, home and recent apps buttons.
  5. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

+1 for Nova.

OP, it's based on ICS code (and up), which is why there's no menu button; if Google had its druthers, no one else would either. Back to the point though, try double tapping on an open area of your home screen. IIRC, that should open up Nova's settings. There should also be a Holo themed menu button (three vertical dots) in the upper, right hand corner of your app drawer.
  6. gale65

gale65 Well-Known Member

I did find that the menu button is there with some apps and not with others, so I guess it depends on the app. I like nova launcher ok but there aren't nearly as many themes I like for it.
  7. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

That's because not all developers are following the recommended guidelines. Google won't force them, but those that do adhere to it trend to have nicer apps