• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Go 'naked' or screen protector

anti-glare protector are usually nothing more than a matter sheet of clear plastic... hence looking "foggy"... some may be worse than others... heard the boxwave ones were terrible... that's why i'm going to try clarivue...

yea, i bought the boxwave one, looks great at first, easy to put on and easy to clean and reuse, but all of a sudden i have a bunch of tiny scratches on the front which i'm not happy about. i kept it in my pocket without keys. the only other thing in the same pocket was my blackberry so i'm not sure how it got all these scratches. the only other thing i used was the small thing boxwave sends to remove airbubbles, but i dont think it made these types of scratches. after the first few months i'll probably go naked, but if not, i might try the clarivue

Reactions: berig
Upvote 0
I'm Looking at the steinheil Screen protector on ebay,
says it wont interfere with the touch sensitivity
STEINHEIL CRYSTAL Screen Protector for Google Nexus one - eBay (item 110493080144 end time Feb-18-10 13:29:18 PST)
Anyone actually have a screen protector that doesnt interfere with the sensitivity?

Edit: just ordered mine, will post results when it gets here.

Upvote 0
I had the Zagg. It installed great but it was like a condom. I lost a lot of feel. The soft buttons didn't work well. Now I have the Seidio. No loss of feel. Install is difficult to get in place without bubbles and a few places around the edges aren't adhered. Nevertheless it far better than the Zagg.

Upvote 0
I got the Seidio screen protector and Innocase II. Love both of them. I don;t really notice any difference with the screen protector on. It feels just as smooth as the bare screen. The only thing I notice, of course, is more oil on the screen. But even this one cleans easier than any screen protector I've had before.

Upvote 0
I got the Seidio screen protector and Innocase II. Love both of them. I don;t really notice any difference with the screen protector on. It feels just as smooth as the bare screen. The only thing I notice, of course, is more oil on the screen. But even this one cleans easier than any screen protector I've had before.

The case doesn't cause any bubbles on the screen? I'll be taking my case on and off a lot to use my various docks so I'm kind of worried about this. I don't want to have to be careful every time I do it.

Upvote 0
The case doesn't cause any bubbles on the screen? I'll be taking my case on and off a lot to use my various docks so I'm kind of worried about this. I don't want to have to be careful every time I do it.

After applying the screen protector and first pitting on the case, I did notice one little bubble at the edge. So i took the case off and smoothed that part out and it hasn't been a problem since. I don't take the case off much but the bottom separates from the top to provide access to the metal connectors so I don't know if you would constantly have to remove the entire case or not.

Upvote 0
After applying the screen protector and first pitting on the case, I did notice one little bubble at the edge. So i took the case off and smoothed that part out and it hasn't been a problem since. I don't take the case off much but the bottom separates from the top to provide access to the metal connectors so I don't know if you would constantly have to remove the entire case or not.

Yeah I've had the case for a while. I couldn't get it to work with the USG so I've got a Clarivue protector on now and it's still not working so hot. I don't mind much cuz I don't like the grainy look of the anti-glare protector so I'll be ditching it soon anyway. Seidio is sending me a replacement USG so when it comes I'm going to give it another shot. I do have to take the case all the way off for my docks. If it doesn't work, oh well, I'll just go naked. I'm not sure this screen really needs a guard anyway. I'm pretty careful with it.

Upvote 0
I think it all depends. I use to use a case and a screen shield on my iPhone but hated the feel. I couldn't even use the case once I had a mount for my bike (motorcycle) so I took it off. When I got an iPhone 3GS I didn't use anything and same with the Nexus One. I hate the feel. I see it as if I scratch the screen, I will just buy a new screen or a new phone. But to me, it's not really a price that I can't pay, not that I really want to either. So it just all depends on what you want and are willing to risk.

Upvote 0
i got a pack of like 6 screen protectors on ebay for $0.99
i ruined the first one by letting dust get on the sticky side.
any little piece of dust between the screen and protector causes a bubble that cant be removed.

2nd one worked like a charm. if i didnt put it on myself, i wouldnt know it was there. and i have several more if i ever need to change it for any reason.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones