Go Smart Mobile?

1. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

There is a little known MVNO supposedly run by T-Mobile known as Go Smart which uses the T-Mobile network but has even more ridiculous rates.

Anybody know anything about these guys?

www.gosmartmobile.com

Also why is there no forum for them listed under carriers?

Advertisement
  2. yfan

yfan Well-Known Member

They are cheap because their data is "3G" speeds, i.e. HSPA, not HSPA+.
  3. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

Actually, this is a brand new prepaid service that T-Mobile is offering. Supposedly it is to come out of Beta testing in February, though it is possible they've gone "live" a week or two early.

This is a lower price option for T-Mobile but, as mentioned, they do it by not offering "4G" speeds. The $35 option is for Edge speeds, they seem to run just over 100 Kbps; the $45 option gives 3G speeds for the first 5 GB, and the speeds are just under 1 Mbps.

There is no separate forum as they are a brand new carrier, I suspect a new forum will be added for them soon (and will bring it up with the Admins).
  4. mogelijk

5. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

6. yfan

yfan Well-Known Member

Let's just say I didn't get a Nexus 4 for just 3G speeds!
  7. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

well than get urself the $30 5GB PLAN ON TMO AND USE GROOVE IP FOR VOICE CALLS WHEN U RUN OUTTA minutes sorry damn caps lock
  8. yfan

yfan Well-Known Member

Well nice of you to suggest that. I already do that. But I use Talkatone rather than GrooveIP.
  9. mogelijk

And that is fine, which is exactly why T-Mobile has the $30 plan. But there are people who don't care about having the fastest data speeds and want more than 100 minutes of talk (without having to use VoIP) -- and these plans work well for them. Not to mention, it is a great option for people who live in areas where T-Mobile does not have 4G.