• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Go sms and emoji issues

cory42

Lurker
Aug 8, 2013
I have google searched till my hair has fallen out for my problem guys so I appologize for asking as I know this has been beat to death. Problem is nothing that has worked for anyone else works for me.

My wife and I have matching HTC droid phones with android 4.1 installed. Both have the latest Go sms app installed (5.21) as well as the go sms emoji plugin on both. When either of us sends the other one a text with emoji the emojis show up as question marks. Regular emoticons show up just fine. The emojis show up on the SENDERS phone just fine, but it is the person RECEIVING the text that cannot see them.

I have tried settings/application settings/emoji encoding settings/ and tried both iphone/softbank as well as the go sms option. I always change each phone simultaneously. No matter which option is checked it makes no difference. I also read that emoji do not work with android. Can someone help?

I also posted this on the HTC forums. I am sorry but I am new here and did not know where the best place was to post for answers.

user_online.gif

Honestly I'd say ditch Go SMS. Try Handcent.

Well I tried handcent as well as several other sms apps including.....chomp, handcent, go sms, textra, and I had problems with all of them. I loved handcent but no matter what I tried...It would never send a picture message. My data would be on but it would just never complete the send. I tried rebooting my phone and it never fixed the sending issue. I also couldn't get textra or chomp to send a pic message either. I got pretty ticked off and tried go sms and it did send them. I am really tempted to just go back to the stock message program which worked flawlessly (of course it doesn't use emojis) but I really like the ability to put custom ringtones for each contact that the stock app doesn't allow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones