Go SMS Pro: Group Text Messaging Similar to Iphone and Blackberry

Last Updated:

1. TeddyPain

TeddyPain New Member

I am looking for an application that can enable group text messaging in a single thread similar to the iphone. After doing some research, I was led to Go SMS Pro, but I am still having the same problem. I have been looking in the apps settings, but I have not found anything that is promising.

Advertisement
  2. Stacia2242

Stacia2242 Member

I use GOSMS Pro for my group texting, and it puts them all in a single thread (similar to the iPhone).

Once you have the app downloaded and on your phone, open the app GOSMS Pro. Click menu and then settings. In settings, click application settings. There should be an option (3 down) called message grouping. Make sure that box is checked. After you do this, it should push all the future group messages into a single thread. I think it only does this if the messages are received with in a certain amount of time of each other, but I'm not certain on that.

For some reason, it will sometimes push the message into the persons individual thread, and once you open it & click download there, it will push it into the group thread. Not sure what the reason for that is... anyone know if there's a fix around that?
  3. Andy in NY

Andy in NY Well-Known Member

Check out groupme. Works pretty good...
  4. sho

sho Member

recommend RocketDial to send group messages, you can select multiple contacts or one group as target to send the messages. works pretty well. it is paid app BTW.
  5. korrupTed

korrupTed Well-Known Member

In my opinion, text messaging apps should be free. I mean, you're already paying for each text. As for group messaging, I would put my vote on GoSMS as well. Kudos to Statica2242 for outlining what needs to be done.

GoSMS is constantly evolving and changing. You can even contact the developers and request a specific feature or a new way to use a specific feature. You should give it a shot.
  6. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Well-Known Member

The ones that come with your phone are free.

You can't expect developers the give away their hard work for nothing. It's nice when they do, but I don't hold anything against any Dev who wishes to be compensated for their time and effort.
    natewillsheets likes this.
  7. vrvallejo

vrvallejo Member

When I receive a group message from I get the download button all the time and then it always pushes the message into an individual thread and once i download the message it never puts the message in the group thread (so I have to go to message details to see who else is no copy). I wonder if I have a setting wrong, any help would be appreciated.

I am using version 4.11 (lg optimus s) but I know my wife has a earlier version 3.x and her group messages work just fine (keeping them in a group without the extra step of downloading the message and where all recipients are visible...